- Be sure the windows are never painted or nailed shut. A window must be able to open to provide escape in an emergency.
- If small children are around only open the top part of windows - or only high windows - if air is needed. Otherwise keep all windows shut and locked.
- have children play away from any windows. Falling through a window could be fetal for a child.
- In attempt to make any possible fall less harmful try to have shrubs, mulch, or grass underneath windows outside.
- Try to keep any thing that children can climb on away from the windows.
Happy Window Safety week!