I was talking with my mom and I decided that I would spend the next year celebrating as many holidays and occurrences as possible. I think there are around 300 holidays a month!
My mom and I have always loved all the peculiar holidays and have had many laughs discussing them. I think this year will be a lot of fun but it will also require a lot of dedication, time, and it wont be without costs. I will give you once a week up dates once I get it started (Probably next month) and I will post daily journalings as often as possible. I have a feeling I will be rather busy.
I am home schooled which I believe will make this a whole heap easier, but also more challenging. Mom made an agreement with me... For this year I will use this as a lot of my school work. I will be writing reports on many of these days and I will be doing loads of research. I look forward to this coming year and I hope you will enjoy following my blog.
Feel free to post your comments along the way.

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Mother Goose day

Where would we be without mother goose? Today's a day to remember the mother goose rhymes!
Here's a couple common ones I found online:

Little Bo peep has lost her sheep,
And can't tell where to find them;
Leave them alone, and they'll come home,
And bring their tails behind them.

Little Bo Peep Fell fast asleep,
And dreamt she heard them bleating;
But when she awoke, she found it a joke,
For they were still a-fleeting.

Then up she took her little crook,
Determined for to find them;
She found them indeed, but it made her heart bleed,
For they'd left their tails behind them.




Little Jack Horner
Sat in a corner,
Eating his Christmas pie.
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,
And said "What a good boy and I!"



A farmer went riding
 Upon his grey Mare;
Bumpety, Bumpety, Bump!
With his  daughter behind him,
so Rosy and fair;
Lumpety, Lumpety Lump!

A raven cried "Croak!"
And they all tumbled down;
Bumpety, Bumpety Bump!
The mare broke her knees,
the farmer his crown;
Lumpety, Lumpety, Lump!

The mischievous raven 
Flew laughing away;
Bumpety, Bumpety, Bump!
He vowed he would serve them
 The same the next day;
Lumpety, Lumpety, Lump!



More Rhymes

happy Mother Goose day

No comments:

Post a Comment